17 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
72.1 K Views
Cane Faircloth
(@)
Prominent Member Registered
Topic starter  

Wanted 4th of July thief. This Man went on my boat and stole my Yeti 110 quart Tundra cooler last night on Holden Beach. Travis from Captain Petes Seafood and I are offering a $1,000 reward to bring this person to justice. We live in a great community and people like this are not welcome here. This took place around 3:30 in the am 4th of July. If you where flounder gigging and saw a person like this around the Captain Petes Dock please let me know.

Also this same person stole Capt Brants at the OIFC and hit the Emma Rose boat and Brody Heath too. According to the Local Police Depts this person has taken around 18.

Capt Brant is also putting up a free Entry to the Jolly Mon King Mac tournament for helping bring this thief to justice. Some good pics below...4th_of_july_thief__271.jpgoifc_yeti3_114.jpgoifc_yeti5_187.jpgoifc_yeti2_209.jpg

Douglas Collins
(@)
Estimable Member Registered

Hope you find that no good sorry piece of trash. I would be checking the pawn shops as you probably already know. Somebody needs to take him offshore fishing, yes I'm volunteering. Good luck.

ReplyQuote
zigzag
(@)
Noble Member Registered

Hope you find that no good sorry piece of trash. I would be checking the pawn shops as you probably already know. Somebody needs to take him offshore fishing, yes I'm volunteering. Good luck.

I would volunteer but I am boatless, that is a pretty good pic, hopefully his days are short.

ReplyQuote
Jamie Blue
(@)
Famed Member Registered

He's been caught

ReplyQuote
Douglas Collins
(@)
Estimable Member Registered

Good now if we can just find a judge to give him what he deserves. I'm for dropping him off somewhere.

ReplyQuote
Bert
 Bert
(@bperry)
Reputable Member Registered

He will most likely continue to steal things, should post his name along with his picture, our system does not punish any one. We just keep giving criminals more and more chances to steal, rob and Kill. We just keep feeding the revolving door Court system. I would bet he has been before the judge many times. Our court system is useless.

ReplyQuote
zigzag
(@)
Noble Member Registered

our thiefs name is WILLIAM BOWERS !!!

http://www.wect.com/story/32389795/man-arrested-in-connection-to-cooler-thefts

ReplyQuote
lcg8978
(@)
Eminent Member Registered

24 years old with quite a few felonies going all the way back to 2011..

felony B&E
larceny after B&E
possesion WITS Schedule IV
forgery
uttering forgedpaper/inst/end

ReplyQuote
Kenneth
(@)
Famed Member Registered

24 years old with quite a few felonies going all the way back to 2011..

felony B&E
larceny after B&E
possesion WITS Schedule IV
forgery
uttering forgedpaper/inst/end

He got started young. Poor career choice on his part.

ReplyQuote
Cane Faircloth
(@)
Topic starter  

So here's the low down. I spoke to many others in our community that had Yeti's stolen also. In our area there have been around 18 during that time period. He confessed to mine and the ones at OIFC, since we did have him on camera #nodenyingit If you know someone else that had theirs taken and they can tye him to it please call the Holden Beach or Ocean Isle Beach Police Depts. He was driving a White 2013 Camaro with mariner flag initials on the front tag and a save the sea turtles NC tag on the back and it was tinted. Pics of car on the OIFC facebook page. He told cops he sold one cooler to someone in Wrightsville Beach while he was over there surfing, that most likely was my 110 Yeti Tundra. Did not know persons name.... The other coolers he sold to someone from facebook in Leland. Keep an eye out and let us know if you here of the persons that bought this stolen merchandise.

ReplyQuote
Cane Faircloth
(@)
Topic starter  

Update: Mine and Capt Brants where recovered from an individual in Wilmington. He paid $500 for both of them. If your buying goods on the street from a shady character beware, you may be out of some $$$ if the police catch up with you like this guy. A big thank you to the OIB and HB police depts who have worked to bring this thief to justice. I'm sure he stole many others that will never be returned but we do have him off the street for now and it looks he may be serving some time since he was on probation for similar antics.

ReplyQuote
Tommy
(@shocktreatment)
Honorable Member Registered

I wouldn't count on him getting time since he is on probation. However if he has 3 felony convictions on his record then the DA can try to get him some time for Habitual Felon and get him several years. Now that being said just hope he is not a relative of the Clintons then all bets are off.

ReplyQuote
Scaramucci
(@)

This kid won't get a day in prison I'd be willing to bet. No money in it for Brunswick County to house another inmate for a property crime. They'd rather write seatbelt tickets, that's where the money is at.

ReplyQuote
casey
(@)

Your exactly right Jason!! Its became a joke on OKI, about half of the beach front rentals get broken into every winter with no one ever getting caught, but they have mastered the art of hide and seek for writing Grandma a seat belt ticket. lol its getting almost comical.

ReplyQuote
Scaramucci
(@)

Your exactly right Jason!! Its became a joke on OKI, about half of the beach front rentals get broken into every winter with no one ever getting caught, but they have mastered the art of hide and seek for writing Grandma a seat belt ticket. lol its getting almost comical.

I reported a B&E at my house a few years ago. My neighbors relieved me of some tools , chainsaw, etc. I confronted the suspect, and his brother told me he did it. I contacted Brunswick County Sheriff's Department to file the report. The detective assigned to the case called me back next day to tell me he'd go look around their house for my stuff....WHEN HE GOT BACK FROM VACATION 10 DAYS LATER!!! Sure enough about two weeks later he rides over there, and guess what, my stuff isn't there anymore!!! It's a F......ING joke what we pay taxes for.

Another time in Carolina Beach, my truck was broken into, my wallet and phone stolen. The kid used my card right down the street at Taco Bell, and at the BP station. Both stores had him on surveillance camera AND the tag on his car. Exact words from Carolina Beach PD:
"Whatya want us to do about it?". Too busy patrolling the North End for bikinis I guess...

I remember 20 years ago you never saw a County Sheriff's Deputy posted up looking for speeders or traffic violations. Now, I can't go 5 miles without a taxpayer funded speed trap!! They used to serve warrants, investigate crimes, now they write tickets to people on their way to work or here on vacation. There are good LEOs and bad LEOs, but the people who define their missions need to be reminded who they work for.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2