22 Posts
19 Users
0 Likes
65 K Views
todd skeen
(@chumbucket)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter  

They are here. Some pros in ski masks and gloves hit Marker17 the other day and stole the electronics off my boat (and others). Watch your boats carefully. They are in the area. And yes, if you see a killer deal on a couple of Garmin 7612xsv, it may be stolen....

Jamie Blue
(@)
Famed Member Registered

Damn man you've had some bad luck lately

ReplyQuote
todd skeen
(@chumbucket)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter  

Yep, bunch of rotten luck lately. Already talked to Adam Meyer from Wells Insurance. As usual he is great and has already got the ball rolling. Brian from Marker 17 is great too and will make sure I have no out of pocket costs. Plus washing/waxing the boat for my troubles. Both are stand up guys and great to work with. Just sucks to have more theft. And to have lost some good grouper numbers I found but had not backed up yet :wall:

ReplyQuote
Nick
 Nick
(@)
Honorable Member Registered

Ill furnish the rope and tree for when they are caught...i made it a habit to write down spots i find in my notebook before i even drop the fist line in. As soon as i get anchored up i write it down that way i have them all incase something happens to the computer, card, or in your case...gets stolen. I hate it for tou and ill keep an eye out. Is there any kind of identifying marks on them? Maybe writing on a certain button faded, scratch in a certain spot? Also, one thing i started doing last year with all the thefts taking place was that i took a soldering iron and etched my initials right on the front in the plastic of all my electronics. That way if they did get stolen i could easily identify them if they were posted for sale online etc...

ReplyQuote
Scott Robbins
(@srobbins)
Estimable Member Registered

Wow, that sucks. Sorry for your loss again. And the loss of good grouper #'s, that's really painful.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Damn man, not you again! Any trees nearby, I'll loan you a climbing stand and a .308...definitely stop that one and may deter future ones. :wtg:

ReplyQuote
Bill Jolly
(@barnaclebill)
Honorable Member Registered

Crap man, looks like someone is out to get you or your stuff is too purty. A friend of mine had his house broken into twice. The 2nd time he beat up all the new stuff so it looked old & was never hit again. Sorry to hear Chum, I sure hope the jerks get caught!!

ReplyQuote
Steven davis
(@)
Reputable Member Registered

Unbelievable. I hope they catch these Fools. I will definitely be Marking my electronics

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Sorry to hear this happened to you again, these bastards are killing you. Some of these crooks will steal your stuff knowing that you will replace it with new gear and then come back again and steal the new gear at a later date. Don't ask me how I know they do this. I hope they catch them.

ReplyQuote
todd skeen
(@chumbucket)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter  

We busted the two that stole all my fishing gear last month. The trial is in 2 weeks. Case was broken by forum member that spotted my gear for sale online the next day.
As for the electronics, these guys were pros so less likely to make a mistake. Still, electronics have serial numbers so maybe, just maybe

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Dang Chum! Hate to hear this. Do you know if they came by land or off of the water?

ReplyQuote
K. L. Wheeler, III
(@)
Prominent Member Registered

Dang!!!! Death penalty for thieves, would deter future ones!!! Hope ya get your stuff!!

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@)
Trusted Member Registered

Man, sorry. You been having a rough go of it lately. Thanks for the heads up. Hope your stuff turns up. Will keep an eye out for it. Can't believe you were hit again. Bad luck.

ReplyQuote
Stephen Wicher
(@mppheel)
Noble Member Registered

That is unbelievable! I am sorry

ReplyQuote
steve brewer
(@)
Noble Member Registered

Just sucks to have more theft. And to have lost some good grouper numbers I found but had not backed up yet :wall:

If you had shared these good grouper #s with your friends then they would have them to give back to you. :lmao:

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2